On the Web:
- Psychology Today, www.psychologytoday.com Features articles on relationships, mental health education and work related issues.
- Panic Attack Recovery, www.PanicAttackRecovery.com A self-help resource for those looking for relief from panic attacks. Offers information and support.
- Anxiety Network International, www.anxietynetwork.com Provides information and help for those struggling with social anxiety, panic or generalized anxiety.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, www.dbsalliance.orgProvides information about depression and manic-depression, offers support groups, and has updates on research and clinical trials.
- Association for Couples in Marriage Enrichment,www.bettermarriages.org A non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote better marriages by providing enrichment opportunities and resources that strengthen couple relationships.
- American Chronic Pain Association, www.theacpa.org Facilitates peer support and education for individuals with chronic pain and their families.
- Calm Clinic, www.calmclinic.com
Books that I recommend:
- Calming Your Anxious Mind, by Jeffrey Brantley
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, by Edmond Bourne, Ph.D.
- The OCD Workbook, by Bruce Hyman, Ph.D. and Cherry Pedrick, R.N.
- Mind Over Mood, by Dennis Greenberger, Ph.D. and Christine Padesky, Ph.D.
- Feeling Good: the New Mood Therapy, by David Burns, M.D.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, by John Gottman and Nan Silver
- Intimacy after Infidelity, by Steven Solomon, Ph.D. and Lorie Teagno, Ph.D.
- Procrastination, by Jane Burka, Ph.D. and Lenora Yuen, Ph.d.
- Where to Draw the Line: How to Set Healthy Boundaries Every Day, by Anne Katherine